Friday 29 May 2015

Cathy Bryant - Challenge 27


Cathy Bryant

Here I am, 5 months into my new years resolution to enter something every month in the Clarity challenge.

It took me a long time to come up with something for the current challenge, then I reflected on Barbara's newsletter about mindfulness, and thought about how it's when the mind is totally absorbed, that clocks stop.

For me, reading a good book or crafting after a hard day at work are total clock-stoppers.  So I decided to make bookmarks,  I started with the theme "me time" because every morning before I face a busy day at work, I have a coffee and read for about half an hour.  Bliss!!  

When I got my alphabet letters out to spell "me time" I realised that "me" was in "time" (a moment of Clarity!)  That gave me the idea to ink the "me" differently to the "time".  I'm really loving using my distress inks at the moment and think I'm finally getting the hang of them.  Each bookmark has 2 colours blended, the stamps are clear embossed and the little books are had drawn.

That's my interpretation of clocks, or at least how to stop them, hope you like it and you all get some "me time" sometime today.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful designs on your bookmarks and such a clever play on words too, Cathy. Thank you for sharing and best wishes in the Clarity 'Clocks' Challenge! ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea and design they are both lovely. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy this is marvellous. Perfect 'moment of Clarity'. Love it. Best of luck in the challenge and thank you for sharing your thoughts and what you have used. Really like that a lot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, Cathy. Brilliant idea and so well stamped. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design Cathy and will be a reminder to you every time you pick your book up to continue to have some "Me time". We should all remember that too!
    Thank you for entering the challenge and giving us a little in-sight into your world - Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tags good colour love the fairy s with the fob watches xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Cathy, your book marks are lovely and the idea behind them is one for all us to consider. Like you I can lose myself in a book - and of course crafting. Thank you for continuing to enter the Clarity challenge. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous bookmarks Cathy. Your moment of inspiration about "me time" was so clever, and beautifully executed too. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tages, very pretty colours and su clever. Glad you are taking part each month. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx