Love You 24/7
* Clarity Stamps: Kissing Couple, Large Leafy Swirl, Letterbox Sentiments
* Clarity Stencils: Curly Strip
* Inkpads – Staz-On Black, Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Inks - Black Soot
* Clear Detail Embossing Powder
* Watercolour Paint (in tubes):- Light Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Brilliant Red, Phthalo Blue.
* Artists’ Board
* Gunmetal glitter gel medium
* Cardstock: Gold mirri, black, white
1. Ink ‘Kissing Couples’ stamp with Staz-on black and stamp and stamp in the centre of the Artists’ Board.
2. Repeat above and below the central image.
3. Allow to dry.
4. Now for the fun!
a) Squeeze three pea-size spots each of Light Yellow and Yellow Ochre on and around the stamped image.
b) Using Yellow Ochre and Blue, repeat on second image.
c) Using Brilliant Red and Phthalo Blue, repeat on third image.
5. With a medium flat paint brush, gently spread the paint over the entire board. Do this without ‘muddying’ the colours too much.
6. Allow to dry for a few hours.
7. Pool a spot of water over the top image. With kitchen roll, blot the watercolour paint to reveal the stamped image. Repeat over the other images. This can be continued over the whole board if you wish. (This is the magical part for me. There is no indication of the colour mixes until this point!)
Warning – this is messy and lots of absorbent kitchen roll is required. Try not to rub or dab as this will lead to a muddy blend.
8. Allow to dry again.
9. Stamp with Versamark and large Leafy swirl top right and bottom left and heat emboss with Clear detail embossing powder.
10. With Versafine Black Onyx and large leafy swirl stamp each side of board to suit and emboss as above.
11. Ink around the edges with Black Soot to distress.
12. Stamp the required Letterbox sentiments using Black Onyx and heat emboss. Cut and re-arrange to make the required sentiment.
13. Glue onto image to suit.
14. Taking the Curly Strip rectangular stencil, attach to edge of acetate using low-tack masking tape.
Apply Gunmetal glitter gel medium with a spatula or similar to on. (I used a cake icing smoothing tool.) Remove stencil carefully and allow gel medium to dry.
15. Repeat (14) placing the stencil next to the dry pattern but turned by 180 degrees so the pattern is flowing in the opposite direction. Allow to dry.
16. Trim to give a generous border around the stamped image. Mount acetate onto gold card and further mount onto white and black mats.
17. Using foam pads, add the stamped board to the centre of the mounted acetate to give the illusion of a frame.